To promote the cooperation and friendship among Ethnic Chinese Scouts for the strengrhening of the World Scout Movement.
1. To practice the Scout Laws and Promises.
2. To strengthen friendship among scouts from different countries.
3. To promote spirits of peace and harmony in the Chinese culture.
4. To enhance the awareness and sense of environmental protection and preservation.
Host Scout Association
The General Association of the Scouts of China (TAIWAN)
3 – 9 July 2009. ( 3 July: Arrival & Opening Ceremony; 8 July: Closing Ceremony; 9 July: Departure.)
For NSOs who would like to have home hospitality arrangements for their participants could choose before or after the Jamboree for 2 days, kindly fill-out the registration form and submit to our association.
Wusanto Reservoir, Tainan, southern Taiwan. By bus, it takes 4.5 hrs from Taoyuan International Airport, and 2 hrs from Kaohsiung International Airport.
US$ 200 per person, which will cover airport reception, inland transportation, accommodation, food, and souvenir.
Eligibility of Participants
NSOs registered member, male and female.
1. Ethnic Chinese scout (12-17 years of age) and leader.
2. Scouts who are interested in Chinese culture and envirnmental protection are also welcome.
International Service Team
NSOs registered member, male and female, 18-35 years of age are welcome to join IST.
The program activities are divided into the following four key program areas:
● Culture Activities ● Scouting Skills ● Sports ● Environmental Protection
July is summer season in Taiwan so the weather would be warm and humid. The temperatures vary from 25 C to 35 C.
What to bring
Scout Uniform, Casual Wear, National/Traditional and Cultured Costumes for the International Night and Cultural activities, Personal Camping Equipment, sleeping bag,flashlight, personal tableware, toilet/bathroom requisites, raincoats/umbrella, souvenirs etc. Tent, Chair, Table, Cooking Fly and related Utensils are provided.
Countries eligible for Visa-exempt entry and landing visas, please visit the website http://www.boca.gov.tw
For more information, please contact the Jamboree International Director Mr. Chang, Wen-Shing,
Phone No.：+886（0）2 2740 1336
Fax No.：+886（0）2 2773 6525